Aspire 4 Health was founded by Lee Smith MSc, BSc (Hons), BACPR, CRDET, FMS. Lee is our Managing Director and Lead Trainer.
Since starting in the profession over 20 years ago, my passion is, and has always been, to help people achieve the best quality of life, in terms of enhancing their health and fitness whilst managing any existing injuries/conditions they may have. I formed Aspire 4 Health more than 6 years ago to fulfil that passion.
I enjoy working with a broad group of clients ranging from fit active people wanting to maximize their performance in their chosen sport/event to helping people through post injury, chronic illness or operative recovery. The general enhancement of fitness and stamina and mobility of individuals in the over 50s’ age category is a specialist interest; Aspire 4 Health runs numerous regional exercise classes weekly as well as personal training services that are tailored to specific needs of this age group.
Having studied both for my BSc and MSc degrees at the highly respected Leeds Metropolitan (now Beckett) University (Carnegie), my special interest is in muscular balance, postural awareness and injury prevention in people of all ages and backgrounds.
I am a REPS Level 4 Advanced Instructor with both Cardiac and Pulmonary related conditions. For me the Initial Free, No-Obligation Consultation is key to helping you make the correct choices by understanding the underlying issues and challenges you face, and also for you to openly discuss your desired goals or outcomes with our highly qualified and experienced trainers. This meeting is crucial as it allows us to meet and jointly construct the ideal, personalized time-efficient training plan which will ensure the greatest possible likelihood of compliance to your newly constructed program; thus guaranteeing a successful outcome.
So the really important stuff to consider for your safety and piece of mind…
Lee’s qualifications include:
- MSc Sports and Exercise;
- BSc (Hons) Physical Activity Exercise and Health;
- HNC Sports Science;
- British Association of Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase IV instructor (British Assoc. of Cardiac Rehab.);
- Chronic Respiratory Disease instructor training (NHS and British Lung Foundation);
- Functional Movement Screen certified; and
- Register for Exercise Professionals Level 4.
Lee’s relevant experience gained over 20 years includes:
- British Lung Foundation pilot scheme and the ‘follow on’ 50+ years exercises class;
- Halifax Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Association with Halifax Breathe Easy scheme;
- Heartwatch Phase IV Coronary Care Group;
- Wharfedale Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase IV Exercise Class;
- Consultancy work for numerous professional clubs including Scunthorpe United, Huddersfield Town and Bradford City and sporting organisations including the City of Bradford’s Men’s Water Polo Team and the City of Leeds Water Polo Team; and
- Numerous long term Personal Training clients, running clients and Over 50s’ exercise class members.
Don’t just take my word for it, my current clients say:
- “He is a fully supportive and knowledgeable personal trainer.”
- “He has demonstrated a high degree of knowledge and skills.”
- “He has a good balance between encouragement and really making you work hard.”
- “The amount of detail he went into is indicative of his conscientiousness.”
- “He is fun to work with as he is not only extremely knowledgeable but has a very pleasant and friendly personality – which makes doing the exercises a pleasure not a chore.”
In 2017, Aspire 4 Health won the “Best Personal Training and Health Consultancy – West Yorkshire” category of the AI Business Excellence Awards.
For for more information on Aspire 4 Health and working with Lee, then call him directly on 07986 396 755.